Particularly delicious almonds have long been respected as the embodiment of well-being and health. Nuts are among the richest sources for health benefits from nutrients and essential for optimal health.
Health Benefits from Almonds
Almonds are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and low-nutritional packaging that comes with numerous phytochemicals – healthcare supporters.
They are well-balanced foods that provide protection against diseases and certain types of cancer.
An excellent source of energy and an example of complete foods from a nutritional aspect.
They are especially rich in monounsaturated fatty acids such as oleic and palmitic acid, which help reduce LDL cholesterol or “bad cholesterol” and increase the level of HDL cholesterol or “good cholesterol”.
Studies show that a Mediterranean diet that abounds in the presence of monounsaturated fatty acids helps prevent coronary artery disease and stroke by favoring a healthy blood fat profile.
Here are some of the hearty benefits of munching on almonds which are widely used as mealy ingredients that have the power to substitute flour.
- Almonds are high in various healthy elements that are needed to substantiate our own being. One needs vitamins, proteins, saturated fat and carb in a proportionate amount to be considered as purely ‘healthy’. Munching into almonds could lead you to do that. Almonds are rich in vitamins, many types of mineral content, fibrous content as well as protein too.
- Like we said, our body needs fat but some fats are not good for us meanwhile some fats are needed to support ourselves. These saturated fats are found in almonds as they do not cause cholesterol. Cholesterol can cause heart diseases and cause a blockage in the system. Eating almonds eliminates the threat from the root.
- Vitamin E is abundantly found in almonds, therefore, it keeps the cholesterol in check as bad fat does not create any problem to your health. We all know what vitamin E is, it is an antioxidant which is variedly found in exotic food such as avocado, chocolate, teas etcetera. Antioxidant has the potential to deduce the threat of building up blood pressure as well as cholesterol level.
- Cancer is a threat that is dangling on the neck of the world but there are many foods which could prevent cancers and almond is one of them. A study has found that there are elements found in almonds which have the capacity to prevent cancer.
- Almond is great for those who are looking for a way to manage their own weights and those who have a problem with gluten can opt for almond flour.
You have heard of ‘one apple a day keeps the doctor away’ proverb but I am pretty sure if you take three pieces of almonds daily, it will surely keep you young.