To improve our health we should not only eat the plants but also keep them at home.
According to horticulturist Mark Hachadurian, plants improve the physical as well as a mental state. It has been scientifically proven that various plants in offices or homes help reduce stress, in addition to purifying the air and adding oxygen.
Here are some popular homegrown plants that are good for people and how to care for them:
1) Devil’s Ivy (Golden Pothos)
This herb, according to NASA, removes chemicals like benzene and trichloromethyl from the air – benzene has it in the glue, colors, and detergents.
The plant is extremely difficult to kill, making it ideal for horticultural beginners, because it survives irregular irrigation and in rooms where there is little light.
2) Peace Lilies
The plant removes benzene, formaldehyde and other chemicals from cleaning agents, and is one of the few herbs that can bloom indoors. It is necessary to place the indirect light close to the window and to irrigate only when the ground is dry.
However, the Outside world has been consumed by science so make sure that you save up a little bit of nature in your room. Nature is known as the soothing element that can restore life. It doesn’t matter how small your house is but if you use these plants as decoration, your health will be improved easily.
- Snake plants: This plant is widely used to make many things that we use for our daily lives. However, its importance does not stop here. Snake plants are used to detoxify the atmosphere as it soaks all the intoxicated elements out of the air to keep your atmosphere pure. It decreases the level of carbon monoxide making your home more chilled and cool.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is used widely for many things. It has antiseptic agents as well as it is rich in antioxidants. Aloe vera is used to not only detoxify your skin but it has a wide range of hospitable benefits such as making your hair shinier, making your skin get rid of blemishes, and making your guts stronger.
- Lavender: Lavender is known to calm the nerves and soothe our tensions away. Lavender has the power to soothe the melancholic soul. Many drinks lavender tea and drinks infused with lavender. Lavender works as a stress-relieving agent. Planting lavender in your home will not only give it more of an aesthetic look but its aroma will take all your tensions away.
- English ivy: You have mold in your air? Do you think mold particles are inhabited in the air making the air polluted? You can plant English ivy in your house as one study has claimed that English ivy soaks up all the dangerous mold particles from the air and detoxifies it.
Plants are the natural detoxifiers that one can ever ask for. Plant these trees to make your atmosphere more nature friendly.