For years they taught us that milk is an incredibly healthy beverage and should be consumed daily. But Lately, we hear that milk actually is harmful and can cause a whole range of health difficulties. What is the truth?
With this question dealt experts, and we speak of their advice related to common beliefs about milk.
Does milk cause acne?
This increasingly widespread belief has a scientific basis. Namely, the survey of 2010 showed that there is indeed a relationship between the intake of dairy products and acne. That is why people who have problems with acne are advised to reduce the intake of dairy products. Otherwise, the situation could get worse.
Everything has two sides, it has both the positive and negative side. It doesn’t matter what it is, there is bound to be good and bad both. Like having a computer has it’s pros and cons, similarly, drinking milk has its pros and cons too. We will discuss the pros first.
Milk Causes Bloating?
And this is true, but not for all people. Some do not have any problems, while others really feel stomach pain and bloating. As experts explained bloating is a result of the sensitivity of lactose. If you have these symptoms, it is a sign that you should not consume dairy products. An interesting fact is that lactose intolerance may occur in later life age because stomach adults harder submitted milk.
Milk Does Not Protect Bones?
It is true that milk contains calcium which is essential for bone health, and vitamin D is crucial. The problem is that too much calcium, especially if it isn’t present vitamin D can cause problems with bones.
What to do? Experts say that a glass of milk a day is enough if you eat for the health of bones.
That is true, but and many other foods are fattening if imported in large quantities. Studies show that children and adults who drink large amounts of milk really are thicker than people who do not eat as often. If you have problems with your weight, do not exaggerate the intake of milk. But on the other hand, of course, that milk is a better alternative to cookies.
Milk is Necessary for Good Health?
This claim is often heard, but it is not quite true. There is no evidence that health is worse if you stop drinking milk. This drink contains calcium and vitamin D, but these ingredients can be obtained from other foods. Therefore, if you find that milk causes your problems and you want to give it up, do not fear for your health. Simply refer to the other foods that contain these ingredients.
In the end, the milk, just like most groceries, has a positive effect on your health, if consumed moderately.
Pros Of Drinking Milk:
There are many pros that are there which you should know before ruling anything out.
- A serving of a glass of milk has 30% of calcium. Not just calcium but a glass of milk contains various minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients to sustain your body. Such nutrients are foliage, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B-12, vitamin A, zinc, and protein. It is rich in everything that one needs to be strong.
- The milk contains such elements that are needed to make the bones strong. Drinking milk assured an intake of vitamins and calcium that are needed to make the bone stronger. It develops the bone and prevents it from decaying.
- The fat content in the milk is low as it has saturated fats which is 4.5 grams, unsaturated fats that are 2.5 grams and cholesterol that is 24 milligrams per saving.
- It prevents diabetes and along with it fastens the growth of dental health too as it makes your teeth stronger.
Here are the cons of drinking milk.
- Those who are lactose intolerant can get affected by drinking milk as the sugar content in the milk is high and complex which does not easily dilute and digests.
- Milk is a bit tough to digest.
- Drinking milk or consuming dairy products may trigger the risk of getting acne. Other than acne it can even generate more problems for you as it can cause eczema and other skin issues.
- It triggers obesity too.
Now it is up to you to decide whether milk is healthy or not.